• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

2,5-2-1 Ribs in a windy day

Nerevar

Putenfleischesser
It seems that I am the only one who is posting in this forum. Are you all on holiday? :D

Well, I live on the seaside, in a condo at the sixth floor, and when it's windy we need to close every windows here in my house because the winds are very very strong. Yesterday was a windy day, but I bought 2,2 kg of pork ribs on thursday and I didn't want to let them stay too long in my fridge.

On friday I started my preparation. First I trimmed my ribs, and then I covered them with mustard and a rub that is called "Kansas City Rub" made of:
- 8 tablespoon brown sugar;
- 4 tablespoon salt;
- 2 tablespoon sweet paprika;
- 1 tablespoon black pepper;
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder;
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
Then wrapped them in the film and let them rest in my fridge for 24h.
ribs01.jpg

Next day I started my ribs.
Phase 1:
ribs02.jpg

I smoked my ribs for 2,5 hours with a mix of Hickory and Pecan wood chips, all at level 1,5 of my weberQ.
It was very windy, and I didn't want the wind to enter directly in my bbq, lowering the temperature, so I arrange myself with an invention, a chopping board on the left side of the Q, against the wind.
ribs03.jpg

Phase 2:
After 2,5 hours of smoking I removed my ribs, and I left them on the rib rack.
I put my Ikea rib rack directly in a pan full of: apple juice, apple winegar and water.
Then I wrapped pan and ribs in aluminium foil and cooked them for 2 hours.
ribs04.jpg
ribs05.jpg
ribs06.jpg

Phase 3:
I removed the ribs from the pan and I placed them directly on the grill for almost an hour.
First 30 minutes without anything, turning them every 15 minutes. After 30 minutes I covered them on both sizes with barbecue sauce two times and turned them every 15 minutes.
ribs07.jpg

Final result:
ribs08.jpg

What can I say?
I love this recipe, I could eat smoked ribs everyday *___*
In this occasion I had my parent-in-laws at dinner. My stepfather has a charcoal barbecue in his house, and he always use it. He is a lover of traditional Italian grill, only direct grill, he has never eaten nothing like low&slow, here in Italy we grill pork ribs directly on the grill for 20-30 minutes and stop, no barbecue sauce, only salt and pepper as rub for them. Here in Tuscany grilled ribs are called "Rosticciana".
He liked my smoked ribs but he said he prefers the Italian way of grilling them. He said he prefers to ate salty and strong flavoured ribs instead of these sweet ribs. He enjoyed it, anyway.
My stepmother, indeed, loved my ribs. She loves bitter-sweet flavours and she enjoyed my ribs very very much.

I ate two racks of ribs. No word, I'm gaining weight because of grillsportverein :mad::mad:
(just kidding, love you all <3 :gs-rulez:).

Anhänge

• ribs01.jpg
    ribs01.jpg
    99,1 KB · Aufrufe: 531
  • ribs02.jpg
    ribs02.jpg
    106,8 KB · Aufrufe: 556
  • ribs03.jpg
    ribs03.jpg
    68,7 KB · Aufrufe: 530
  • ribs04.jpg
    ribs04.jpg
    92,1 KB · Aufrufe: 569
  • ribs06.jpg
    ribs06.jpg
    89 KB · Aufrufe: 533
  • ribs05.jpg
    ribs05.jpg
    81 KB · Aufrufe: 552
  • ribs07.jpg
    ribs07.jpg
    126,6 KB · Aufrufe: 625
  • ribs08.jpg
    ribs08.jpg
    118,8 KB · Aufrufe: 516
Nice BBQ - good Job!

Your stepfather loved your Ribs, but he could not tell...

Tomorrow i wil smoke some Ribs, too...

IMG_20150907_165146.jpg

Anhänge

• IMG_20150907_165146.jpg
    IMG_20150907_165146.jpg
    226,2 KB · Aufrufe: 498
Zurück
Oben Unten