• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Chicken thighs in four different ways

Nerevar

Putenfleischesser
This evening I grilled Chicken thighs on my Q1400.
Thighs were prepared with two different rubs: the first one was my rub, made with salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary and sage (where can I post the recipe?), and the second one were prepared with a chili version of magic dust rub (I used strong paprika instead of soft paprika). After rubbing them, I covered them with a simple marinade, oil and lemon juice, and put them in fridge for 8 hours.

After 8 hours I prepared my weber Q for indirect grilling, smoking my thighs with Pecan wood chips.
45 minutes at 150-170°C.
cosce1.jpg

After this passage, I put my thighs directly on the grill, 15 minutes in direct grilling, turning them two or three times.
During this passage I covered two thighs (1 normal and 1 covered with Chili Magic dust) with barbecue sauce.
cosce2.jpg

cosce3.jpg

I removed thighs from the grill when they reached an internal temperature of 75-77°.
This is the result:
cosce5.jpg

In my opinion this hybrid way of grilling chicken (first phase indirect, second phase direct grilling) is now confirmed as one of the best way to cook chicken parts (I only have to try a whole chicken). Indirect grilling cooks chicken without drying it and the passage directly on the grill creates a very crunchy bark on the surfaces.
In the end I prepared chicken thighs in 4 different ways:
- one only with oil and normal rub,
- one with normal rub and barbecue sauce,
- one with chili magic dust rub
- and one with chili magic dust rub and barbecue sauce.
Normal rub and barbecue sauce was the best one: simply wonderful. Even the other 3 ways were very good, smoked to perfection and very juicy even if they were cooked and not crude at all.

Anhänge

• cosce1.jpg
    cosce1.jpg
    88,6 KB · Aufrufe: 390
  • cosce2.jpg
    cosce2.jpg
    84,3 KB · Aufrufe: 337
  • cosce3.jpg
    cosce3.jpg
    73,2 KB · Aufrufe: 330
  • cosce5.jpg
    cosce5.jpg
    92,6 KB · Aufrufe: 371
Yes, it is an electric grill.
Yes, your using aluminium foil.

But this doesn't matter - looks fresh and juicy.

grill on!

Pu.

Thank you guys. If you tell me where can I post my Rub recipe, I will show you. It's very very good ^_^

Zurück
Oben Unten