• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Pulled Chicken

Nerevar

Putenfleischesser
Dear friends, here I am again with another recipe, thanks to @PJM2880 that explained my how to do it: Pulled Chicken.
Let's start with the preparation: I bought one chicken breast and three chicken thigs. I made this choice because chicken breast may result too dry after a long cooking, while I thought that some thigs, wich are more tender than the breast, and mix them all togheter after I pulled my chicken.
I covered it with mustard and a rub made of:
- 3 tablespoon of salt;
- 1 tablespoon of paprika;
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder;
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder (I didn't found it, I used some dryied onion flakes);
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
And left them in the fridge for 4 hours.
pulled1.jpg

In the while I prepared one cup of White Barbecue Sauce and my Coleslaw using carrots, white and violet cabbage.
I set my Q1400 for Low&Slow cooking at 110°C and I used a pan full of a mixture of beer and water (1:1).
Then I started my grill, smoking my chicken for 2 hours and half with Apple Wood Chips placed directly on the spiral under the grate.
pulled2.jpg

After 2,5 hours of smoking my chicken was 70°C in the heart, I was alone with my children and I had to prepare his dinner, so I removed my chips and leave the barbecue without my control as I went to mi kitchen.
This was how my chicken looked when I stopped smoking it:
pulled3.jpg

I needed to end of my cooking at 8:30 o'clock pm, and I wanted my chicken to reach 85°C in the heart, but at 8.15 it was still at 75°C and I decided to wrap it in the foil. In 15 minutes it arrived at 85°C KT, so I removed it from my barbecue, and after this I pulled it.
pulled4.jpg
pulled5.jpg

Then I prepared my sandwiches.
I ate two kind of sandwiches, one made with the Stubb's original BBQ sauce, and the other one with the white bbq sauce I prepared in the morning.
The meat was juicy, not like the pulled pork, but not dried: I think it's due to the mix of breast and thigs, so it was a good idea.
Stubb's original bbq sauce is a little bit spicy, It covered all the smoking flavour. I was able to smoke my chicken in the right way, but this sauce in my opinion covered this flavour too much. The other one was perfect for this recipe, because it covered the smoking flavour but not at all, so the mix of flavour between the smoky flavour of chicken, sweetness of Coleslaw and the "kick" made from my barbecue white sauce was excellent. I enjoyed it very very much.
In my opinion Pulled Pork is undoubtedly better than Chicken, because its smell and its juicy are better, but it's a very long lasting cooking and if you need to prepare something similar in 3-4 hours because you don't have time, I think Pulled Chicken is a good option!

pulled6.jpg

Anhänge

• pulled6.jpg
    pulled6.jpg
    85,7 KB · Aufrufe: 682
  • pulled5.jpg
    pulled5.jpg
    101,4 KB · Aufrufe: 638
  • pulled4.jpg
    pulled4.jpg
    87,8 KB · Aufrufe: 639
  • pulled3.jpg