• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Satay chicken wings and peanut butter sauce

Nerevar

Putenfleischesser
Hi friends!
This evening, waiting for brisket on saturday, I prepared myself for the date with another recipe I found on the internet (bbqpitboys.com) called Satay chicken wings, on which I added a peanut butter sauce, found on the internet too.

To make satay chicken wings you need to marinate wings in a bag full of soy sauce, peanut butter, onion, garlic and chili peppers. I left my wings in the marinade in the fridge for 9-10 hours starting from this morning, and then I removed the wings from the fridge and put a skewer inside them. Like this
20160608_200553.jpg

Then, preheat my grill at level 6-7 with some Apple wood chips directly on the grill.
When they started smoking, I throw some skewers on my Q1400.

20160608_201954.jpg

Grilling those wings is very very easy. Turn them every 5 minutes, for almost 20 minutes. Ready.
Then remove from the skewers, cut the wings in two parts, and serve them with peanut butter sauce (that little thing that looks like poop above my wings :P ).
20160608_204211.jpg

What can I say? This kind of wings with that marinade are very very good: taste like some kind of chinese food (in fact this is a Thai recipe), spicy and sweet at the same time.
Smoking flavour was good but in my opinion not enough, because apple chips directly on the grill burn very fast, after 5 minutes of smoking they were completely off.
Maybe the peanut butter sauce I made was too sweet. There are lots of recipes on the internet, this one is very fast and mixes all the ingredients all together, but other recipes cook them in a bowl and use more spices.

In the end, very very good. And cool because I've never grilled chicken wings on skewers.

Anhänge

• 20160608_200553.jpg
    20160608_200553.jpg
    184,8 KB · Aufrufe: 549
  • 20160608_201954.jpg
    20160608_201954.jpg
    135,6 KB · Aufrufe: 495
  • 20160608_204211.jpg
    20160608_204211.jpg
    143,9 KB · Aufrufe: 502
Ciao Nerevar,
they look REALLY nice your chicken satay - guess they also tasted fantastic, bravo :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Reminds me of our trip to Thailand some years ago, where you could have them from "cookshops" at the corner of every street.

When there is the possibility have to try, too. Meanwhile during the week - not having much time - keep the Q running with "Flachgrillen", which is sizzling easy, usual things directly like steaks, sausages und salmon. Apropos ... just had a nice filet of salmon
:D

Oh, yes. that is a good grilling. but I like to have experiments. Now I'm waiting for my butcher to find me a Brisket, because here in Italy is difficult to obtain that piece of meat. Italians use brisket only for broth, cut in pieces, not the whole piece...when I went to my butcher and told him what is a Brisket he looked at me like I was crazy :D and now I'm waiting because he doesn't have my brisket yet :mad::mad:

Your satay looks really very delicious! :thumb2:

Zurück
Oben Unten