• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Smoked Ribs 2-1-30min

Nerevar

Putenfleischesser
Yesterday I had guests, I promised them some smoked ribs.
So I cooked almost 3kg of smoked ribs in my Q1400. Here is my photos:

This is the preparation of the phase 1: I smoked my ribs for about 2 hours with hickory wood chips at 130°C (level 2.5). If you can see, there is a little piece of meat looking like a wrapped sausage: that's a piece of meat that I removed from one slab when I was trimming the ribs, and I didn't want to throw that piece of meat in the garbage, so I cooked it.

SAM_1278.JPG

This is the result after two hours of smoking and phase 2 inside the foil, where I just put some water and cooked them at higher temperature (level 5 - maybe 160°C)

SAM_1279.JPG
SAM_1281.JPG

One hour inside the aluminium chamber, and then I covered my ribs with a barbecue sauce I made two days ago, and then directly on the grill for 30 minutes, flipping them every 5 minutes and covering them with barbecue sauce again and again.

SAM_1282.JPG

I served them with a good double malt beer and three kind of barbecue sauce: one is the red one, a classic barbecue sauce made with ketchup and other things; another one is the Alabama's white barbecue sauce, a sweet and spiced by a lot of black pepper, and another one (a new experience for me) is the Carolina's yellow barbecue sauce, made with mustard, apple cider winegar and sugar, simply wonderful.

My guests were very very happy with those ribs. In my opinion, nearly perfect: smoking flavour ok, sweetness from the barbecue sauce used as a mop, the three sauces were very good, but maybe the meat was a little (just a little) bit dried. It's impossibile to obtain the same thing as 3-2-1 smoked ribs when you cooked them at higher temperatures...But they were very good :D

SAM_1284.JPG

Anhänge

• SAM_1278.JPG
    SAM_1278.JPG
    185,6 KB · Aufrufe: 564
  • SAM_1279.JPG
    SAM_1279.JPG
    199,3 KB · Aufrufe: 533
  • SAM_1281.JPG
    SAM_1281.JPG
    145,8 KB · Aufrufe: 541
  • SAM_1282.JPG
    SAM_1282.JPG
    211,3 KB · Aufrufe: 531
  • SAM_1284.JPG
    SAM_1284.JPG
    234,3 KB · Aufrufe: 544
Good Job!!

the ribs look very good.

maybe cooked a little too long, but defninitly fotb

:thumb2:

Good Job!!

the ribs look very good.

maybe cooked a little too long, but defninitly fotb

:thumb2:

Probably a very stupid question :kaffee::what the hell is fotb?
In Google I find 21 different definitions
:t㳳chel:

yes, they fell off the bone, off course, but in my opinion, after this experience, ribs must be cooked only in two ways: low and slow in 5-6 hours at 110°-120°C, or a little bit higher but less than 3 hours, just 2 hours of cooking should be ok.

PS: This if you want to cook ribs in the american way. If you want to cook ribs like italians, do what we call Rosticciana: oil, salt, pepper, maybe a little bit of rosemary, and then throw it directly on the grill for 30-40 minutes flipping them and oiling them every 5-10 minutes untill they are a little bit burned on the skin. *_*

Sorry, but Electric BBQ is a waste of time ;-)

Sorry, but Electric BBQ is a waste of time ;-)

Undoubtely worse than a gas or a charcoal grill. But with an Electric grill I can grill when outside is raining like no tomorrow, and making smoked ribs nearly like a gas grill using wood chips, even if outside is snowing like in Alaska. And I live at the sixth floor of a condo, so I cannot buy a charcoal or a gas grill if I don't want a visit from the police :D:D:D

Except for those things, I would buy a house with a garden if I had money because I love charcoal grills.:sad:

Hi Nerevar,

answering to such provocative comments like from :whip:Torsten61 is waste of time

Zurück
Oben Unten