• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Three Meat-Loaf

Smokinupnorth

Militanter Veganer
5+ Jahre im GSV
Since my wife and son requested smoked meatloaf I obliged them, and made four; one for tonight and the rest vacuum packed and frozen for weeks to come.

1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 ground pork
1/2 pound veal
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup cooked wild rice
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 cup minced celery
1/4 cup minced porcine mushrooms
1/4 cup minced garlic
1 Tbl tarragon
1 Tbl Worcester sauce
2 Tbl cup beef broth
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

This recipe is multiplied by four, mixed all together, and formed into four loaves
mtloaf1.jpg

mtloaf2.jpg

I decided to use Homer for this cook, poor fellow hasn't been used since last Fall. I bought this from someone else who clearly did not have respect for Homer... he's at a better home now ;-)
homer1.jpg

I used my small Weber chimney starter, less charcoal this way.
chimney.jpg

As I got the charcoal ready it started to snow...again :patsch:But at least the cold weather will keep my beer cool.:beer2:
snow2.jpg

coldBeer.jpg

Here are the four loaves as I put them on. grill temps are about 275F
loaves1.jpg

About fifty minutes later, two were done. The other two needed ten more minutes. I was going for a temp of 160F.
loaves2.jpg

Pulled the other two, and here they are...
mtloaf3.jpg

Could have cooked at a lower temp so the smoke ring would develop better, but we were hungry!

Lecker - sieht gut aus...

The "Homer meat loaf" ;) looks very good, and the idea with the chimney starter in the middle for a indirectly heat is great.
Also the Smoking Ring is respectable. Did you have wood chips inside?

Hey,

your Weber looks great, and your meat loaf , too. But on the picture it looks not very moist , isn't it?

First thing, sorry for my english :cool:

Your meat loaf version looks fine, thats someting what I will "remake" next time :-)
The idea with this coal holder in the middle is very interesting, can send some further pictures specially from this, please? Looks like a conical cake ring...
Last time, I had a problem with the space on the grate by grilling Armadillo Eggs indirektly and with this solution, it would be easier.

I found it :-)
You call it "Vortex" :-)

:suchet:

I´m still searching for the spaghetti.

Greetings
Carsten

PS: Nice! Very Nice!

Hey,

your Weber looks great, and your meat loaf , too. But on the picture it looks not very moist , isn't it?
Looks can be deceiving ;-) It was very moist, I had some trouble with my vacuum sealer because of the moisture. I also didn't add BBQ sauce towards the end of the cook like I had in the past because I was going to vacuum seal and didn't want to deal with any moisture issue.... even though I had to anyway :-/

The "Homer meat loaf" ;) looks very good, and the idea with the chimney starter in the middle for a indirectly heat is great.
Also the Smoking Ring is respectable. Did you have wood chips inside?

I used one small chunk of apple wood, I didn't want to over power the meat since it was ground meat.

First thing, sorry for my english :cool:

Your meat loaf version looks fine, thats someting what I will "remake" next time :-)
The idea with this coal holder in the middle is very interesting, can send some further pictures specially from this, please? Looks like a conical cake ring...
Last time, I had a problem with the space on the grate by grilling Armadillo Eggs indirektly and with this solution, it would be easier.
See my post at the end here: http://www.grillsportverein.de/forum/threads/wings-potatoes.209160/
I think your Armadillo Eggs will come out great with the Vortex :-)

Zurück
Oben Unten