• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Gusseisen Wok

sub

Militanter Veganer
10+ Jahre im GSV
Hi,

I've read on on the breath of wok that cast iron wok are better than carbon steel for the wok hey taste, so I've wanted to try

traditional grey cast iron are very light, my 34cm is only 1.040g

It takes longer to reach high heat than my hancock, I Hope the temperature won't drop as easily as with the carbon steel when you put food in it ( I have to cook meat and vegetables separately) :motz:

121126084508928252.jpg

Next seasoning and cooking

The heat has to come from the wok burner.
With a strong burner You will reach wok hey also with a simple steel wok.
Power can only be replaced by more power!

But I'm curious about your experiences with the light cast wok.

be careful. this thing is very fragile!

Gusseisen steht im totalen Gegensatz zum Sinn eines Woks.

Aber naja, mal :mbank:

We have also a cast iron wok. We use it mostly on our gas oven.
The only disadvantage is that you don’t have the temperature on needed point.
The good thing of course, if you have a longer boiling dish, like a curry,
that the iron cast hold much better the temperature and is therefore my preference.

The heat has to come from the wok burner.
With a strong burner You will reach wok hey also with a simple steel wok.
Power can only be replaced by more power!

Yeah but outside with an MANniu wok burner, it's not very convenient.

I've modded my kitchen small gas hob (originaly 1kw) but it is still not powerfull enough with my carbon steel wok.

gas hob

If you manage to reduce the heat in time, even a cast iron wok might serve well on a strong burner (I would not manage though given I have hands full every time I use my wok).

Most wok enthusiasts here opted for the power of the burner and gave up on the convenience of cooking inside ...

Gusseisen steht im totalen Gegensatz zum Sinn eines Woks.

Aber naja, mal :mbank:

Insidewoking on a cast iron wok on a weak burner is possible, also with "wok hey"

The Breath of a Wok: Unlocking the Spirit of Chinese Wok Cooking Through Recipes and Lore: Grace Young, Alan Richardson: 9780743238274: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51hsOLfDveL.@@AMEPARAM@@51hsOLfDveL

but you can not compare this with a really strong burner with a forged wok outside.
It is another pair of shoes!

Stir Frying on low power indoor burners is possible, but only with very little ammount of Food. I have a 3kW indoor burner and thats hardly enough for 1 Person at a time. With my Manniu which i use on the balcony i can do at least food for 4 persons at one time.

Zurück
Oben Unten