• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Importing gas grill from the UK to Finland

Sprout

Militanter Veganer
5+ Jahre im GSV
Hi Everybody!

What a great forum you have here! I've been reading some of the treads on the Import forum about importing grills from the UK to Germany. I'd like to buy a Weber Genesis, and they are about half the price in the UK compared to Finland, so even if I would have to pay almost 200 for shipping, it's still worthwhile.

The problem I face is that the gas pressure in the UK is 37mbar, while in Finland it's 30mbar and uses a 'Jumbo' regulator. Can anybody recommend what kind of regulators and adaptors I would need to use a UK grill in Finland?

Many thanks,

Mark.

Hi Mark,

why don´t you think about importing such a grill from the USA? I think, that the weber grills there are at a quite lower price and they also use the gas pressure of 30 mbar which you apparently need in Finland.

Have a look under southbaycamera. The price for the Genesis S320 for example is the same in US$ as in British Pound. And for the Summit S650 you have to pay 1.700 US$ against 1.800 BP.

I don´t know the legal requirements for Finland, but please consider, that you probably have to pay additional costs for custom charges and for the value added tax, but to find out which way is better (and cheaper) is up to you.

Even if the shipping costs are higher it could be the better choice to order in the USA - and the saving for you is rising proportional with the higher class of grill you purchase, cause shipping costs are nearly the same.

Hope to have been of assistance to you,

good luck!

:prost:

Hi! Thanks for the help. I acually just moved from the US to Finland, so I wish I would have found this forum earlier because then I would have brought a grill or two with me :cry:

I've been thinking of getting a Genesis S-310, although the Summit 670 with it's sear burner is also tempting. As you say, I need to do the maths and see whether it would be cheaper to buy from the US or the UK (unless I want the 670, which is only sold in the US.)

If I would buy from the UK I would need some kind of regulator to give me 37mbar instead of 30. I've found the following adaptor which should allow me to use a UK type regulator on a Finnish gas bottle, but should this be all I would need?

http://www.asyser.es/english/imebur/adaptador-jumbo-camping.html

-Mark.

Mark,

I´m not a technician and less than ever a professional concerning gas. So I´m not able to give you detailed (and mainly safe) advice for using the regulator you are speaking of.

I imported the Summit S670 from USA and I must say, that it was a very good choice. The sears zone is great and I don´t want to miss it anymore.

In Germany we have 50 mbar pressure, therefore I needed an adaptor from here, but this supplier sells principally adaptors which fit from other countries to german gas-bottles.

Maybe you have to look, if there is a dealer in Finland who offers adaptors for fittings from other countries to finnish bottles and probably you found him already, but I really don´t know, if the regulator in your link works.

Kind regards
Michael

Zurück
Oben Unten