• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Kettle Pizza kit

Smokinupnorth

Militanter Veganer
5+ Jahre im GSV
I picked up a Kettle Pizza kit the other day, I was very impressed with the heat that it was able to put out. I added one fully lit charcoal chimneys worth of a combination of regular briquets and lump charcoal along the sides and back of the kettle, and added three oak wood chunks to the back of the basket on the stone level.
(here's the German translation, hope it helps AND makes sense)
Ich nahm ein Wasserkocher Pizza-Kit den anderen Tag, ich war sehr beeindruckt von der Wärme, die sie in der Lage heraus zu setzen. Ich habe ein voll beleuchtet Kohle Schornsteine im Wert von einer Kombination von regelmäßigen Briketts und Klumpen Kohle an den Seiten und der Rückseite der Wasserkocher, und fügte hinzu, drei Eichenholzstücke auf der Rückseite der Korb auf dem Stein Niveau.
KP1.jpg

The kit comes with a baking steel that acts as a roof for the top of the insert, to which I added my rotisserie ring for added room for the vegetables.
Das Kit kommt mit einem Back Stahl, die als Dach für die Oberseite des Einsatzes wirkt, in dem ich meine aufgenommen Rotisserie Ring für zusätzlichen Raum für das Gemüse.
KP2.jpg

The oven was ready to go in about ten minutes, the wood combusted on its own due to the heat from the charcoal. I wanted the vegetables to be ready when the pizzas were ready so I waited 15 minutes longer before I put in the first pizza.
Der Ofen war bereit, in etwa zehn Minuten, das Holz auf eigene verbrannt wegen der Hitze von der Holzkohle zu gehen. Ich wollte das Gemüse bereit sein, wenn die Pizzen waren bereit, so wartete ich 15 Minuten länger, bevor ich in der ersten Pizza setzen.
KP3.jpg

The needle would eventually point to the 'A' in Pizza, well past the 700 mark.
Die Nadel würde schließlich verweisen auf die "A" in Pizza, weit über die 700-Marke.
KP4.jpg

I made three 14" pizzas, the first one was directly on the stone, the other two were in pans. The one on the stone had the flame from the wood in the back go out, so the bottom was absolutely perfect, but the top was a lighter that I like.
Ich habe drei 14 "Pizza, die erste, direkt auf dem Stein war, die beiden anderen waren in Pfannen. Das auf dem Stein die Flamme aus dem Holz in den Rücken gehen musste, so dass die Unterseite war absolut perfekt, aber die Spitze war ein Feuerzeug, dass Ich mag.
K%7B5.jpg

KP7.jpg

So I added more wood, waited a few minutes, and added the next two pizzas. Since these were on the pan instead of directly on the stone, the tops were cooking faster than the bottom.
Also fügte ich mehr Holz, ein paar Minuten gewartet, und fügte die nächsten zwei. Sinus waren auf der Pfanne, anstatt direkt auf dem Stein wurden die Spitzen Kochen schneller als die Unterseite.
KP8.jpg

I think next time I will stick with pizza's placed directly on the stone and not on the pan. The vegetables were very good too, cooked well and had a smokiness to them.
Ich denke, dass ich das nächste Mal mit der Pizza direkt auf den Stein und nicht auf die Schale gestellt bleiben. Das Gemüse war auch sehr gut, gut zubereitet und hatte eine Rauchigkeit zu ihnen.

Your stone holder looks nice :thumb1: Is it a part of the Kettle set?

Yes, the stone holder did come with the kit, KettlePizza calls it the Tombstone kit. It is nice to use, the sides are unobstructed so I can add more coals if I need to.

I had been looking at the Kettle Pizza kit for over a year but was hesitant to buy it because of the quality of the pizza produced. I've made pizza in the past right on the grill, just flipping it over and adding toppings. I was okay with this method, but I really wanted a Neapolitan style pizza. So when I saw the new kit, and saw what it could do, I finally bought it. Very happy I did, it makes great pizza and the top stone/steel is the key. The Baking Steel is expensive, but it's thin enough to not take up a lot of room, so I can use the top as an upper chamber along with my rotisserie ring.
The other key is making sure wood chunks are added to the back of the oven, charcoal alone doesn't seem to get those really high temps necessary for even cooking top and bottom.

Zurück
Oben Unten