• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Peruvian Chicken

Smokinupnorth

Militanter Veganer
5+ Jahre im GSV
On one of the Grilling forums I belong to ( http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/pollo-ala-brassa-aka-'peruvian-chicken'/ ), the topic of Peruvian Chicken was discussed, and this is my attempt at it. What makes it Peruvian are the spices that are used. The recipe is located via the link above.

I mixed up the recipe ingredients and applied it to the chicken, then let it marinate for 6 hours.
perChicken1.jpg

I wanted a two zone fire, with one of the zones level with the chicken. My thinking was this would help crisp up the skin.
perChicken2.jpg

With the lid on I waited about 15 minutes and checked to see how the chicken was doing. My main concern was to be sure the skin was not burning because of the direct heat. So far so good.
perChicken3.jpg

It wasn't necessary, but I added a couple more coals after 25 minutes passed, just cautious I guess.
About 30 minutes later I checked again, and the chicken was done. I use a Thermapen for checking temps.
perChicken4.jpg

The chicken was great; the skin was nice and crispy, meat tender and juicy, and the flavors were very good. I would gladly do this recipe again :-)
perChicken5.jpg

Hi, nice recipe
The coals look like as much as for two Chicken. Did you have side dishes or did you eat it pure?

Hello,
Thank you for your comments. Yes, I over did it with the coals, I could have done with half the amount. I don't use my rotisserie as much as I should, so I tend to still make beginner mistakes with it. I did have side dishes with it: I grilled green beans and sweet potatoes using my Weber Genesis. I didn't get pics of those though...but I will next time ;)

Regards

Nice chicken you`ve made!:messer:

And the idea with the coals on top of the grate is new for me,it`s like a backburner! :thumb2:

Nice chicken! Looks very tasty!

Nice Chicken and very nice equipment in your signature!

Zurück
Oben Unten