• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Pork butt roast

Nerevar

Putenfleischesser
Hello friends!

This saturday I decided to have one pork butt, but not cooked Low&Slow like pulled pork, simply roasted at higher temperatures.
This is the piece: 1.5 kg of pork butt with bone rubbed with Magic Dust.

SAM_1338.JPG

There we go: I prepared my Q1400 for indirect cooking at about 150°C (level 5) and then I started cooking my pork with a little handful of pecan wood chips on the grill and some pieces of butter over the meat to grease it a little more.

SAM_1339.JPG

After 2 hours I was almost at my internal temperature. When my pork butt reached 62-63°C in the heart, I removed the alumium shield for indirect cooking and moved the butt directly on the grill, to create the external bark.

SAM_1341.JPG

When I hit 67°C in the heart, I removed the pork butt.
Then waited 15 minutes and let it rest, then I cut it in slices like steaks. Perfect smoking flavour, perfect bark.
Everything served with white and yellow barbecue sauce (very good the yellow one with this preparation) and a good blonde beer.
SAM_1344.JPG
SAM_1346.JPG

Anhänge

• SAM_1338.JPG
    SAM_1338.JPG
    437,8 KB · Aufrufe: 485
  • SAM_1339.JPG
    SAM_1339.JPG
    461,5 KB · Aufrufe: 483
  • SAM_1341.JPG
    SAM_1341.JPG
    453,5 KB · Aufrufe: 476
  • SAM_1344.JPG
    SAM_1344.JPG
    446,2 KB · Aufrufe: 467
  • SAM_1346.JPG
    SAM_1346.JPG
    431,2 KB · Aufrufe: 480
Bravo!
Looks very delicious
although I'm not sure what kind of meat pork butt is (google translator said in italian "maiale asino" and in german "Schweinearsch")

Pork butt is the american name of this cut.

In italy we call it "coppa di maiale", in tuscany (where I live) it's called "scameríta", it sounds a little bit spanish :)

In german is schweinenacken, am I right?

Hi Nerevar,

yes, your are absolutely right, in :flagge2: it is SCHWEINENACKEN

the longer I look onto the word SCAMERÍTA, the more I like the tuscan word :sonne::anstoޥn:

Schöner Nacken! :-D

Nice pork - it looks really very delicious. :thumb2:

:prost:

Zurück
Oben Unten