• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Sorry, I'm not German. Can you help me with Q1400?

Nerevar

Putenfleischesser
Ciao
Io sono italiano e non parlo tedesco affatto.
Ho appena comprato un nuovo Q1400 e ho bisogno di sapere come calibrare temperatures for indirect grilling.
Mi potete aiutare?

E poi, si può tradurre me alcune ricette: come 3-2-1 nervature affumicate,and so on?

Grazie

Hi guys,

I don’t speak German, I’m Italian.

I just bought a new Q1400 and I need to know some things:

1) how to calibrate temperatures for indirect and direct grilling (do you have a mirror for example such as level 1: 100°C, level 2: 120°C etc. )

2) how to smoke with electric grill;

3) can you help me with some recipes using indirect grill for new users?

Thanks

How can I install the thermometer? Do I need to make an hole in the lid? there is no other way?

Hy,
for that analog Thermometer, you have to make a hole.

But you could also use a digital wireless Thermometer,
like for example this:
https://www.grillamo.de/grillzubeho...k-et-732-barbecue-funk-thermometer-set/a-319/

1 needle goes in the meat, the other is just inside for checking the temperature.

Pay attention that the temperature inside can go near 300°C,
so bee sure that the needle supports these higher temperatures

Ok. First I need a Thermometer. And I have one.

Then, PJM2880: you told me to isolate the grill. I must buy weber isolating plate or I can use a normal aluminium plate with holes and a second grill? The important thing, as I can see, is to elevate food from grills at least 1-2 centimeters, is this right?
I also saw that many of you, after 3 hours smoking, put the food (ribs, chicken) in a roasting pan. Why?

Excuse me, google translate is a mess with German :-(

PS: Can you show me also a thread about chicken wings? Thanks a lot guys

And just another question. Using this scale as a reference (see the picture below) can you tell me the temperatures reached by Q1400 at each level?
Wich ones may I use for Indirect Grilling? I read you all use level 1 or 2 for phase 1 in the 3-2-1 ribs, but I can't read anywhere about phase 2 and 3...

cotture.jpg

Anhänge

• cotture.jpg
    cotture.jpg
    96,4 KB · Aufrufe: 1.008
I usually use the scale between 1 and 2 (red numbers) for all 3 phases for ribs. :sonne:

:prost:

I must buy weber isolating plate or I can use a normal aluminium plate with holes and a second grill? The important thing, as I can see, is to elevate food from grills at least 1-2 centimeters, is this right?
I also saw that many of you, after 3 hours smoking, put the food (ribs, chicken) in a roasting pan. Why?

And what about this other question?

@Nerevar

on 1 I had around 110°C
on 3 I had around 170°C

but I all depends where your grill stands...
Exterior temperature and wind conditions have an effect on the temperature inside the grill.

I use a roasting pan for isolating the meat.

Look here for example where I made my first Pulled Pork:
http://www.grillsportverein.de/forum/threads/pulled-pork-auf-dem-q2400.237421/#post-2327149

On the bottom of the roasting pan,
you give water, (pine)applejuice, JackDaniels Whisky or something like that, but the meat doesn't touch the liquid.
That's why there is the second grill inside the roasting pan.
The higher the inside grill, thre more liquid you can fill in.

The liquid gets hot and keeps the temperture more stable
and helps to get the temperature quicker if you opened the lid from the grill.

Also, the meat doesn't get dry and takes some flavour from the liquid (if you used applejuice for example)
And, some juice and spices from the meat on top fall inside the roasting pan,
and after a while you can take them to pour over the meat again or you can make a sauce out of it.

Also,
try this link, maybe it works for you because the whole page is then translated

https://translate.google.de/transla.../forum/forums/indirekt-mit-elektrogrills.169/

@Andrew91
Did you grill the chicken wings with the lid opened or closed?

_______
@PJM2880

Very exausting.
So let's make clear the concept: Indirect grilling needs an isolating shield of aluminium on the weber grills:
1) I can use the grill like in http://www.weststyle.de/blog/indirektes-grillen-mit-weber-q-grills/ if you want dry indirect grilling, such as if I want to cook a roast little chicken maintaining a crunchy skin, or pork ribs in the italian way (in addiction to this method can I use a water pan if I want a wet indirect grill?)
2) if I want a wet indirect grill I can use a roasting pan with a grill inside like the Ikea's one, and this is very good for long lasting cooking, or for great meat pieces because the food doesn't dry,

In addiction, I saw that many of you use this Ikea item http://www.ikea.com/it/it/catalog/products/70154800/ to maintain the ribs upstanding over the aluminium shield. Why?

_______

Thank you very much guys, your information will be applied soon :kugel:

Yep,
without water the skin gets crispyer, good for indirect grilling for things below lets say 2 hours.
Everything above 2 hours it's better imho to add liquid in the roasting pan, also for maintaining the heat.

With the Ikea Variera, you can get more Spareribs on the grill because they need less space like this

Ok. The variera question is clear now.

Last thing, and then I will run to the supermarket to buy my pork ribs: the indirect cooking needs 3 hours of smoking at 110°, 2 hours in the pan at 110°-130° and 1 hours in direct grill.

I live in a condo, I don't think they will let me smoke the ribs. Is it possible to skip the first step and cook in the pan for 2 hours withouth smoking? What can I do as alternative?

In addiction, I saw that many of you use this Ikea item http://www.ikea.com/it/it/catalog/products/70154800/ to maintain the ribs upstanding over the aluminium shield. Why?
If the size of your ribs exceeds the size of your grill grate you might want to stack them on the top of each other - whitch would prevent the smoke reach each part of the surface of the meat - the Ikea tool enables to place the ribs in an upright position - so the smoke can kiss the meat allover - on the whole surface ;)

...but be shure to remove any non-metal parts (like the rubber thing on the rear) appropriated on the Ikea-part first - it adds an undesired aroma to your smoke :puke:believe me - you don't want that ...

Zurück
Oben Unten