• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Turducken Loaf

Smokinupnorth

Militanter Veganer
5+ Jahre im GSV
Turducken Loaf

Turducken is very popular in the southern states, and also quite expensive and labor intensive to make. So this is my take on it

1 lb of ground turkey
1/2 lb of ground duck (I only had a 1/2 pound on hand, otherwise a 1 lb would be the better choice)
1 lb of ground chicken
1.5 cups of bread crumbs
1 cup of cooked wild rice
3/4 cup of white onion
1/2 cup of minced celery
1/2 cup of minced carrot
1 Tbl of minced garlic
1 egg
1/2 cup of minced porcini mushrooms
3 Tbl of Penzey's Poultry Seasoning
1 Tbl kosher salt
2 Tbl Worcester Sauce
1/2 Tbl Soy Sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth
Loaf1.jpg

I mixed each meat individually with some of the egg and poultry seasoning, then spread it out in a pan. I wanted the meats to have their own layer, so I did not mix all the meat together. As you can see, the other half lb of duck would have been nice.
Loaf2.jpg

Once spread out next to each other, I spread the rest of the ingredients over the flatten loaf.
Loaf3.jpg

Rolled into a loaf...
Loaf4.jpg

I smoked it on my mini smoker at 275 for 2 hours for a final temp of 170. The finished meatloaf came out perfect, the turkey and duck was darker than the chicken, but the taste was wonderful.
loaf6.jpg

Nice Idea to make a Turducken!
I didn't like the original one bedause of the skin of the inner Duck and the Chicken was mostly cooked and not crispy grilled.
But your version looks much better to me.

Maybe I will copy it some Day....:thumb1:

Your Pictures made me hungry!

Zurück
Oben Unten