• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Veröffentlichen Sie Ihr Offset-Feuer

Smoke-savage

Militanter Veganer
viele grüße aus england, ich hoffe google translate macht es dir möglich meinen post zu lesen.

Ich habe ein Cactus Jack Longhorn. Als ich mit ihnen trainierte, brachte man mir bei, meine Feuerraumtüren zu öffnen und ein großes Feuer zu machen. dies ist eine sehr unterhaltsame art, einen offset zu betreiben und scheint in deutschland sehr beliebt zu sein.

Ist dies tatsächlich eine Methode, die Sie alle hier anwenden? Wenn ja, kannst du Bilder von deinen Feuern posten, damit ich sehen kann, wie groß du sie baust?

I moved the thread to the English-forum. There are many users here who speak English fluently and are willing to help.

So feel free to post in English here.

Depends whether I took care of my fire or I got distracted and just have some glowing embers in my side fire box.

If there's a fire happily burning, I just add another piece of wood in time and it'll burn cleanly within seconds. No need to keep the box open.
If there are just some glowing embers, the piece of wood will need some extra oxygen to get the fire going again, so I wait until it burns again and only then close up again. I really don't want the thick, bitter smoke created by the fire initialization process in my food, yuck.

Ahh, btw.... it's easier to keep a nice fire burning, if you do it in a wet environment. Just put a waterpan and enough water between fire and your goods (I usually put it just left and above the fire, my firebox is on the right side of the smoker). The water will buffer the heat, so heat spikes won't create such big differences in your meat, it'll be a wet heat, so you don't need to spritz or mop your stuff that often in fear of it drying out. And you can burn your fire hotter with clean, almost invisible smoke.
bbq-swtor-2017-008.jpg
bbq-swtor-2017-009.jpg
bbq-swtor-2017-022.jpg

That's my custom built 20" chuckwagon type smoker... I named it "Hot'n'Horny".

It's a bit bigger and more sluggish to temperature change than your longhorn, but esentially it should handle quite similar.

Zurück
Oben Unten