• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Fiorentina Steak

Nerevar

Putenfleischesser
Yesterday I tried the goddess of italian grilling: the Fiorentina steak.
If you don't know what a Fiorentina steak is, we call Fiorentina one T-bone steak wich is cut very thickly (almost 2 or 3 cm in thickness) and always exclusively rare cooked on the charcoal or on the grill.
When we cooked it on the grill, if the Fiorentina is very large, we add some minutes of cooking the steak vertically, with the bone on the grill. This was not my instance, my steak was not so big.
bigsteak1.jpg

I covered my steak with my Rub (see the recipe in the rub section) and a little piece of another steak with magic dust rub because my father was my guest so I wanted him to try this Rub.
I pre-heated my Q1400 at maximum level for about 30 minutes, it was a beautiful day, but I wanted my Q to be very very hot. When I put my steaks on the grill they started sizzling as I wanted. I didn't add wood chips, because I wanted to try the result without smoking, but I think I should have add some smoking flavour to my grilling.
bigsteak2.jpg

I cooked my steaks for about 3 minutes each size, until they reached 45°C at the heart.
I wanted them to be very rare cooked, as the fiorentina tradition wants.
The result was very good: the steaks were almost perfect. Two remarks: maybe a little smoke flavour could make my steaks better, and I think that the electric weber grill doesn't reach the right temperatures to add some good grilling marks, but this is only an aesthetic point.

I served it on a bed of rocket salad, and then covered with olive oil and some parmesan cheese shavings.
All accompanied with an handmade italian dark beer, bought for this occasion.

Good. Very good. I think I found my way to make steaks on this grill.

bigsteak3.jpg
bigsteak4.jpg

Anhänge

• bigsteak1.jpg
    bigsteak1.jpg
    122,8 KB · Aufrufe: 1.219
  • bigsteak2.jpg
    bigsteak2.jpg
    88,9 KB · Aufrufe: 1.121
  • bigsteak3.jpg
    bigsteak3.jpg
    111 KB · Aufrufe: 1.266
  • bigsteak4.jpg
    bigsteak4.jpg
    98,9 KB · Aufrufe: 1.117
I tried Fiorentina Steak one time in a restaurant near Milano and it was absolutely delicious! Your result looks great!

Nice Steaks! :thumb2:

Great Pictures, great Steaks.

I've never thought that it is possible to grill Steaks with this dimensions on an electrical-grill.
If you need more temperature you've to switch your setup to gas or charcoal-grills.

Everything looks perfect but the italian dark beer. Italian dark beer??? Are you serious???
But the steak looks absolutely tasty :thumb2:

@Hualan that beer was one artigianal beer, the ones wich cost 10-15 € per bottle. I know I should have drunk a good Tuscan wine, such as Chianti, I know it's better with the fiorentina, I live here in Tuscany :D but I wanted to try that beer...

:-)
It was a joke. But you're rigt, a Chianti should be your preferred drink .... or a Primitivo (my favorite :-) )
:anstoޥn:

eheheh try also Morellino di Scansano, @Hualan , a good tuscan red wine wich is less strong than chianti, in my opinion one of the best wine of tuscany!

Thank you for your help. In the meantime I found the website so I can order and taste :anstoޥn:

Zurück
Oben Unten