• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Red Sausage :-)

Oh - and a word of warning - do not do a google images search on 'rindwurst' while you are at work! :motz: I'm not sure if this has some sort of alternate meaning in german ;-)

"don't waste your time" ?

That is very interesting - thank you! From what I can see, Rindwurst is a beef sausage - though i'm not sure if what I ate was beef, it may well have been. I will seed out some recipes for those.

Oh - and a word of warning - do not do a google images search on 'rindwurst' while you are at work! :motz: I'm not sure if this has some sort of alternate meaning in german ;-)

Isn't the internet wonderful? :-)

Hey there :-)
I have been to the Christmas Market in Birmingham myself for a couple of times, used to live in Sheffield for almost 5 years.

The prices they ask for the Glühwein and the German food is out of this world .....
But what can you do if your are craving for a good sausage.
I must admit, the sausages in the Uk are...... to say the least. Took me 2 years to find a local butcher which did a halfdecent one :-)

This forum here is also more concentrated on the "low & slow" and even has its own competition team.
But we have almost 36k members with loads of different interrests.
We also have a forum part dedicated for curing,smoking etc of sausages,hams and so on. Räuchern und Wursten - Grillforum und BBQ - www.grillsportverein.de
If you find anything interesting we can certainly help you with any translation needed. ( Hopefully better than the google translator )

Regards
Jack

Yes, the prices for EVERYTHING were excessive - GBP3.50 (around EUR4.30) for a sausage on a roll. A *VERY* nice sausage, cooked by real German people on a real German grill - but cheaper than flying to Germany!

You can get some good sausages in the UK - but they are a much different style to Germany. British sausages tend to have some sort of rusk (bread) or oats in them. This is why I make my own - not only is it fun, but it is better (and cheaper).

We're having a competition next year on the 5th and 6th of May - check it out - Pit Masters - perhaps some of your teams would like to join.

Yes, the prices for EVERYTHING were excessive - GBP3.50 (around EUR4.30) for a sausage on a roll. A *VERY* nice sausage, cooked by real German people on a real German grill - but cheaper than flying to Germany!

You can get some good sausages in the UK - but they are a much different style to Germany. British sausages tend to have some sort of rusk (bread) or oats in them. This is why I make my own - not only is it fun, but it is better (and cheaper).

We're having a competition next year on the 5th and 6th of May - check it out - Pit Masters - perhaps some of your teams would like to join.

Yeah, I could never get used to it. Worst part for me was once I watched the show "river cottage" and they explained the difference between Bangers and Sausage...
I was shocked not only how little meet there has to be in a banger but how little even in a sausage in the UK.

I can totally understand why you do them on your own.

I've just checked the shipping costs for sending parcels to UK - for 5kg the costs are € 15,-- for 10kg € 20,--

The Saussages at the butcher are packed in 1kg packages. Prices for 10 beef saussages are € 6,94 for 10 "Brühpolnische" with dry bell pepper is € 8,95. They are all packed in a vacuum bag and are last for about four weeks.

I don't have the recipe for the saussages, but I can offer you the send some to UK :biggrinsanta:

cu
Frank

Thank you for the offer, but it would take about 3-4 days to get a delivery, and without refridgeration, i'm not sure how they would last!

I'll give it a go to make my own.

Zurück
Oben Unten