• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Schweinefilet mit Myrte und Bratkartoffeln

Nerevar

Putenfleischesser
I hope my translation was good :D, but I still don't speak a word of german ehehe.
So, this week I grilled a pig tenderloin with myrtle. Myrtle is an aromatic plant that grows almost everywhere here in the mediterranean coast. I also made roasted potatoes, this time with an nonstick roastpan, and they where perfect.

First part: I brushed my tenderloin with olive oil and covered it with simple rub made by salt, black pepper and raw sugar (2:1:1), and with only two sprig of myrtle (only the leaves, off course). I think two sprig are not enough. I think I shoud have used 4-5 sprig to allow the meat to take the taste of myrtle.
filetto 3.jpg

This pig tenderloin remained in my fridge for almost 8 hours.
First of all I prepared my Q1400 to cook the potatoes. Little slices, oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and rosemary, with half glass of water, and then in the barbecue in indirect grilling (I only raised them from the grill with one Ikea pot stand like this without the plastic little feet). I discovered that the perfect temperature to grill potatoes, in my opinion, is almost 1 hour and half at level 6-7, almost 200°C.
After 40 minutes I started grilling my tenderloin. First part was in direct grilling, but I decreased the Q1400 temperature at almost 170° (5th level). Almost 12 minutes in direct grilling with the lid closed, turning the tenderloin every 3 minutes for each side, smoking it with apple wood chips
filetto 2.jpg

The second phase was in indirect grilling, with an aluminium shield under the tenderloin and the potatoes. I cooked it until it reached 70°C in the heart, still smoking.
filetto 1.jpg

After 70°C in the heart it was ready, and I re-heated my Q at 200°C to finish potatoes.
This was my result:
Pig Tenderloin.
filetto 0.jpg

Perfectly cooked but not dry. Crunchy outside, very soft and juicy inside, smoking was perfect but in my opinion it needed more myrtle in the rub to let the meat gain the myrtle flavour.
And these are my roasted potatoes: very good, with a little crust outside and soft inside, as I like roasted potatoes.
patate.jpg

I served it with a good Chianti wine.
My girlfriend and my little son were very very satisfied (he drank only water, don't worry :vino:).
They finished it in 5 minutes.

Very good and very simple.

Anhänge

• filetto 3.jpg
    filetto 3.jpg
    74,3 KB · Aufrufe: 788
  • filetto 2.jpg
    filetto 2.jpg
    90,2 KB · Aufrufe: 777
  • filetto 1.jpg
    filetto 1.jpg
    83,3 KB · Aufrufe: 764
  • filetto 0.jpg
    filetto 0.jpg
    98,6 KB · Aufrufe: 756
  • patate.jpg
    patate.jpg
    129,7 KB · Aufrufe: 786
Good Job! Next time, try taking it off the grill at about 65 degrees. 70 is a little too much, in my opinion.

Nice food with simple things. Therefore fresh herbals are mostly burning quickly and could not give that much flavour anymore, I do it otherway around. Spice the meat just with salt and pepper. Grill the meat around and then I put it in a heat resistent dish with a bit oil, garlic and herbals. For me mostly rosemary and or bay leafs. For this kind of preparation the herbal taste is much higher at least in my experiences. But still it looks good.

Nice pig... :D :thumb2:

How is your experience with the Wood Chips on the metal grating?

Thank you!

@Andrew91 is very good. I tried the aluminium foil again when I prepared the chicken thighs but at these high temperature it started burning with flames. At 170°-200° chips on the metal grate are better. I should try them when I will do my first pulled pork, I think I'll do it on 15th of August because it's holiday, but I'm not sure at 110°C will work.

Zurück
Oben Unten