• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Spiced Apple-cider Mop Ribs

Nerevar

Putenfleischesser
This evening I grilled some ribs in a different way. Different from the way we grill the Italian "Rostticciana" (pork ribs with salt and pepper grilled directly on the grill) and different from the american Low&Slow Ribs.

This is a recipe from the Weber's web site (here), wich I revisited in a little different way.
First, I prepared my ribs with salt and pepper, then prepared the mop with apple cider, shallots, winegar, ketchup, tomato paste, salt, pepper, sugar and chili flakes.
SAM_1373.JPG
SAM_1372.JPG

Then I started my cooking. Indirect cooking without water pan at about 170°-180°C (level 6-7 of the weber Q1400) and smoking with Pecan wood chips. This lasted about 1 hour and 15 minutes, and during this time I mopped my ribs with the apple cider mop every 10 minutes.

SAM_1374.JPG
SAM_1377.JPG

Then I moved the ribs directly on the grill, for about 15-20 minutes (sorry I don't have any photo), still mopping them with the sauce. After about 90 minutes the ribs were ready, a little bit burned, but I think this is only due to the sugar in the mop.

SAM_1380.JPG

The result was good. Ribs were well cooked: we could taste the smoking flavour but not too much because of the mop, that was good, spicy and apple-cider flavoured.
Something easy to do, and good to eat (even with a little bit of smoking ring, I think *_*)

Senza titolo.jpg

Anhänge

• SAM_1372.JPG
    SAM_1372.JPG
    453,9 KB · Aufrufe: 430
  • SAM_1373.JPG
    SAM_1373.JPG
    380,2 KB · Aufrufe: 431
  • SAM_1374.JPG
    SAM_1374.JPG
    394,2 KB · Aufrufe: 433
  • SAM_1377.JPG
    SAM_1377.JPG
    295,6 KB · Aufrufe: 415
  • SAM_1380.JPG
    SAM_1380.JPG
    494,7 KB · Aufrufe: 426
  • Senza titolo.jpg
    Senza titolo.jpg
    248,4 KB · Aufrufe: 408
looks better than on weber's web site !

It's very interesting and it looks great :thumb2:
I don't see a smoking ring but that doesn't matter. A very good result and a very nice report. Thanks a lot :prost:

There are several ways to good ribs!

And these are looking good :-)

very nice job :D
and as you can see, you dont have to prepare always in 3-2-1 style :D

:weizen:

Zurück
Oben Unten