• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Buffalo Wings

Nerevar

Putenfleischesser
When I was 18 years old (more or less) there was a restaurant here in my city that used to make chicken in different ways. Me and my friend always took Buffalo Wings, a recipe from Buffalo, USA, that originally expects fried chicken wings with buffalo sauce. I made some chicken wings on my Q1400 and then I covered them with the buffalo sauce, and after many many years I ate Buffalo wings again *___* .

Recipe is simply: I use my rub added with a tablespoon of sweet paprika (you can find my rub's recipe on this forum) and then I covered them with olive oil. Before this I made a mistake, I didn't remove the terminal part of the wing, and It was more difficult to cook them during the direct grilling phase.
After 2 hours I set my barbecue at level 5 (170°) and I smoked my wings in indirect grilling for 30 minutes with Hickory wood chips.

buffalowings2.jpg

After 45 minutes of indirect grilling, I moved them directly on the grill for about 15 minutes.
buffalowings3.jpg

During this phase I prepared the Buffalo Sauce. I used 80g of butter, melted in a bowl, and added 3/4 bottle of tabasco (45cl). The original recipe prevides a chili sauce, but here in Italy I didn't find anything else except for tabasco, and this is the same.
buffalowings4.jpg

When my wings were ready, I covered them all with the sauce.
This sauce is very very strong, wings must be served with Blue Cheese dressing but I didn't prepare it, so we ate wings only with the sauce. They were very very good!

buffalowings6.jpg

Anhänge

• buffalowings2.jpg
    buffalowings2.jpg
    78 KB · Aufrufe: 718
  • buffalowings3.jpg
    buffalowings3.jpg
    77 KB · Aufrufe: 721
  • buffalowings4.jpg
    buffalowings4.jpg
    84,6 KB · Aufrufe: 651
  • buffalowings6.jpg
    buffalowings6.jpg
    74,5 KB · Aufrufe: 683
Sorry: Branding?

Mir fehlt irgendwie etwas Gekrustetes.

I didn't understand well. What do you mean with "branding"?

I set my barbecue at level 5, in the oven is about 170°C.

I think silex means that the skin was not crispy enough... thus he thinks may the temperature was to low

Ah, ok.

@silex and @Nemosucher , the skin was not crispy because of two conditions:
1) I always cook the wings (and generally the chicken) at 170° (level 5 of my q1400), and after 40 minutes of indirect grilling I put the chicken directly on the grill for 15-20 minutes to let the skin become crispy. This time I had a little problem in this phase because I didn't remove the terminal part of the wings, so they didn't touch the grill in the right way.
2) The second problem is the sauce. In this recipe you must cover the wings with the sauce after cooking them. You must let them absorb the sauce for 10 minutes more or less, and when they absorb the sauce they are not crispy anymore.

If you look at another post of mine, Smoked Louisville Chicken Wings, you will see that using my way of grilling chicken cutting the terminal part of the wings and without sauces I obtain crispy skin.

Zurück
Oben Unten