• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Muscheln im Smoker...??

Thai Tiger

Veganer
Hallo Grillsportgemeinde,

Da Ich gerade ein BBQ Seafood Wochenende Plane bin
ich im Internet auf diesen Artikel gestosen.
:sabber:

I have made mussels in the past in somewhat of a classic sense, but this time I wanted to do something different with them, and as I typically do, experiment with that recipe. This when I thought about incorporating smoke into the mussels, and boy am I glad that I did.

Let’s get started.

Ingredients: [Print this Recipe]

3 lbs of fresh mussels, inspected and scrubbed
5 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp shallots, minced
2 tbsp flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
1/2 cup of dry white wine
1 sprig of rosemary
1 sprig of thyme
French bread, lightly toasted
Pecan wood chunks or chips, soaked in water for 4 hours
Begin by inspecting all of the mussels. When buying them fresh you want to make certain that they are all closed, and remain very cold until you are ready to clean and cook them. If there are any open, toss them, and if there are any that do not open during the cooking process, toss those as well.

Start by heating up your grill, or smoker. If you are using a grill, heat one side of the grill on high heat, and keep the other side on medium heat. If you are using your standard smoker, heat your coals, or get it brought up to temperature. If using a grill, add the wood chunks to a some aluminum foil and place above the heated source and let it begin to smoke.

When you are ready to begin, scrub all of the mussels under cold water. Get a large sheet of aluminum foil out, enough to house all of the mussels, and poke small holes through it. This will allow the smoke to move through it. Add all of them to some aluminum foil and transfer it to the grill or smoker. Let the mussels get fully penetrated by the smoke, and cook, roughly 10-30 minutes depending on your smoker. The mussels are fully cooked when all of the shells have opened.

During this time, make the sauce. To a sauce pan, add the butter and olive oil and let them fully melt together. Toss in the garlic and shallots and cook for a couple of minutes. Bring the temperature up to a higher heat. Add in the wine, cooking for about five minutes until it begins to reduce. Reduce the heat to a simmer and toss in the rosemary and thyme.

When the mussels are done, you are ready to plate and serve. To a serving bowl, or bowls, add in the mussels, then spoon over the wine sauce all over them. Shower them with fresh parsley, and serve with some toasted French bread to sop up that delicious sauce.

The result is nothing more that greatness. They had a great smokey flavor and took on the flavor of the buttery wine sauce. Super tender and delicious, they were nothing but fun to eat. Hope you enjoy!

Da ich hier im Forum aber nicht's ueber gesmokte Muscheln gefunden habe
meine Frage hat hier jemand Erfahrung mit Muscheln im Smoker und kann mir weiterhelfen???

Ach ja Frische Muscheln kein TK.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Also Erfahrung habe ich keine, kenne die Jakobsmuscheln gegrillt sonst werden Muscheln eher gekocht.

Trotzdem - so ein Smoker ist die ultimative Durchbratgrillmaschine :grill:

LG
michael

Habe heute daran wieder gebastelt. Der erste Versuch nur im Smoker führte zu vertrockneten Muscheln. Wollte aber in jedem Fall Raucharoma auf den Muscheln, daher heute erneut und eigentlich nicht schwer:
25E054BC-C790-40CE-8053-C54136CB13C4.jpeg

Erst auf dem Grill im Weinsud 5 Minuten in der Gastroschale zusammen mit Ostmann Muschel‑Gewürz ankochen und dann für 10 Minuten im Char-Broil Digital Smoker mit Buchenrauch bei 135 Grad räuchern… Vor dem Servieren den Saft einer Zitrone drüber und dann mit Weißbrot futtern. Natürlich den Rest des Weißweins dazu trinken… anders, aufwändig und extrem lecker.

IMG_1198.JPG
Geht problemlos und schon zigmal gemacht.
Allerdings puristisch.
Einfach auf den Smoker und wenn sie offen sind fertig.
Meist ca 1-2h bei 110 Grad.

Glaubt mir die brauchen nichts an Gewürz etc.
Zum Verzehr bisschen Schwarzbrot mit guter Butter dazu und glücklich sein.

Empfehle aber möglichst große Muscheln zu kaufen da einfach noch saftiger.

In Weißwein oder Tomatensauce habe ich Muscheln schon öfters im Smoker gemacht.
Ist allerdings eher ein Nebenprodukt, wenn der Smoker läuft und Fleisch drauf liegt.

Zurück
Oben Unten