• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

New Here

Militanter Veganer
Hi, I am new to this forum. I live in Texas (United States). I came here just to see how you German guys BBQ and maybe get some new BBQ tecniques from you. I sure am glad there is an english section here.
garage_gallery-110-1150336909_thumb.jpg
This is the pit that I cook on. It is a trailer that I pull around to the competitions. Nice to meet you.

Hi, welcome to the forums :D

Actually there is quite some development to do here, especially if you take a look at the majority of the population.

But BBQ and grilling with all these techniques like indirect grilling and low-temperature-cooking gets more and more popular here.

Thank God :)

Thank You. I dont speak any other languages is why I have to come to the English part. I tracked this site down by accident. I saw some different smileys appear on the forum that I frequent (in the States) and I did a "property" on them and learned of this site. You guys have some very interesting pictures that I have been sharing with my BBQ brothers on the forum that I frequent. They seem to like them as well. Hoping to hear about your BBQ methods over in your part of the country to see if they are any different.

3970010 schrieb:
Hoping to hear about your BBQ methods over in your part of the country to see if they are any different.
Heh, actually the USA are considered the homeland of BBQing here, and being the overefficient Germans we are, many serious BBQers strive for perfectioning the various cooking methods derived from american sites.

Among the "classics" any decent BBQer here wants to be able to prepare are Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket, the ever-popular Beer Butt Chicken and, of course, Spare/Babyback Ribs. People actually exchange information about where to find a butcher who will provide decent quality meat fashioned in american cuts at reasonable prices, since meat is cut differently over here. Also in great demand are measurement conversion tables.

Same goes for other typical regional BBQ styles such as i.e. Argentinian Asado.

Based on "basics mastery" we experiment, vary and extend from there. Selfmade rubs, brines, marinades and sauces have their own ever growing section in our recipe database.

So one main issue is how to get the basics of american BBQ right. Another is adapting popular and/or typical recipes from Germany and everywhere else to the BBQ pit, smoker, kettle grill, or Dutch Oven. Basically getting stuff right by BBQ means that "normally" is prepared otherwise. We even have a very successful recipe for grilled Black Forest cherry pie. :lol:

Speaking of the Dutch Oven: that one also has a huge section and basically counts as mandatory BBQ equipment on these boards. Because what's the point of cooking outdoor when the side dishes are still prepared in the kitchen?

So that's basically the run down on what we're up to on these boards: Authentically preparing regional BBQ specialties from all over the world (with a bit of emphasis on mastering US BBQ classics), preparing dishes in the pit that normally are prepared otherwise, and last not least "freestyle" experimenting.

Bullet-listed like that it all sounds awfully technical, dry and scientific. Like taking classes or something, " Spare Rib Mopping 101". :lol: In fact many peeps here show an outright scientific approach. But it's all good fun nonetheless. Also the discussion can get pretty hot at times - recently some peeps including myself nearly went ballistic on the sense or nonsense of fitting a BBQ kettle with a hinge-joint as opposed to the well-known "slide aside" solutions. :roll:

But generally the fun and social aspect of grilling comes first. At least that's what we try to maintain, and most of the time we succeed. :)
:prost:

Hi ,

i think. there´s ´no Problem with the english language.
Wellcome here. if there any problems with the vocabulary
i ask my sons. They are pretty better in your language.
Be welcome and many grettings from Bremen.
Pieten :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank all of you for the welcome. I hadnt thought of America as the "homeland" of BBQ. I reckon it is.

We even have a very successful recipe for grilled Black Forest cherry pie.
I am very interested in getting the recipe for this. I could win some competitions with that one.

BBQ is regional here in the United States. Texas (where I am) has its own style. Then there is the Kansas City style of BBQ. There are many styles here. When we compete here in Texas we generally do Brisket (my favorite), Spare Ribs, and Chicken Halves. I can direct you guys to two forums where all of these things are discussed in English.

When we compete in our area we mostly make sure that it is attached to a charity. That way we can make some money but the charity's for sure make some money and the most important thing is that we have had some fun. Most of us are friends who compete against each other.

Would love to get that pie recipe though.

3970010 schrieb:
We even have a very successful recipe for grilled Black Forest cherry pie.
I am very interested in getting the recipe for this. I could win some competitions with that one.
grilled Black Forest cherry pie
Pick up a Black Forest cherry pie from your MTS (most trusted superstore :D ), cut it in pieces and wrap in tin foil. Grill it until the cherry on top is slightly sunk into the cream.
Women and children will love you. (Approved with my daughter)

Have fun.

Mahlzeit! :prost:

Bechhold

Bechthold schrieb:
Pick up a Black Forest cherry pie from your MTS (most trusted superstore :D )
Or, if you really mean business, make the pie yourself. It's a layer cake comprising a dark loaf cut in horizontal slices with a filling of cream, cherries and some cherry booze in between and a topping of more cream and cherries. I don't have a recipe handy, but my mom makes a very nice one. I can pick it up and translate it for you if you like.

Of course you'll have to use a Dutch Oven to bake the loaf and the gas burner on your smoker to cook the filling, all in front of the competition audience. Then, the next day, you assemble the cake, freeze it for a few hours - and proceed as described. At first everybody will be convinced that you've finally gone bonkers (something every German owner of a kettle grill and/or smoker can relate to), but upon tasting they'll probably start a cult in your name, throwing sacred herbs in your general direction and that sort of thing. :rotfl: ;-)

Going all the way's quite an effort, of course, but then I figure grilling a readily-bought deep-frozen cherry pie won't net you a competition prize.
:prost:

3970010 schrieb:
You guys have some very interesting pictures that I have been sharing with my BBQ brothers on the forum that I frequent. They seem to like them as well

Do you mean the forum in your signature or an other?
You could be so kind as to give us the link to it in case it is not texasbbqrub.com :)

Zurück
Oben Unten