• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Split Chicken

Nerevar

Putenfleischesser
This was my first time with a whole chicken. Not a difficult technique in my opinion, but some points are still not clear to me.
First I rubbed my chicken with magic dust, I also put my rub under the skin, directly on the breast, because I read that in this way you can add more flavour to the breast that is not as flavoured as the legs.
split1.jpg
split2.jpg

Then, I marinated it with olive oil and soy sauce (2:1) for 6 hours.
When I started my grill, I pre-heated my Q1400 at level 6-7 (I think it's the right level, It should have temperatures between 150°C and 190°), put some Apple wood chips directly on the grill and then I prepared my stuff for indirect cooking.
The chicken on the grill (45 minutes with the skin in the opposite side of the grill, and 15 with the skin from the side of the grill):
split3.jpg
split4.jpg

During this time I noticed some things:
1) I think that for long indirect cooking, wood chips directly on the grill are not enough to smoke. First time I needed to change them after 15 minutes because they stopped smoking, then I decided to add some watered chips in a foil directly on the electric resistance to have more smoke.
2) I had some problems with the skin: my target was a crispy skin, but after more than 1 hour of cooking It still appeared wet and not completely dried. Then I decided to cook my chicken directly on the grill, removing the aluminium shield, for 15 minutes, and then I obtained a crispy skin. Maybe I should not marinate the chicken?

When my chicken reached 75° in the breast I removed it from the grill.
split5.jpg

A good result. Not a lot of smoking flavour, but with a 1.2 kg of chicken I think is not easy to obtain a right smoking flavour. Next time I will try with chips in the foil since the beginning.
Skin was enough crispy, the chicken was cooked well.
Maybe 75°C in the breast are too much: it was a little bit stringy. I don't know if it was overcooked or it was just the quality of my chicken.

Anyway, at the end of our dinner the chicken was completely gone, there were only its bones :steckerlfloisch:.

Anhänge

• split2.jpg
    split2.jpg
    89,8 KB · Aufrufe: 574
  • split1.jpg
    split1.jpg
    68,9 KB · Aufrufe: 588
  • split4.jpg
    split4.jpg
    95,1 KB · Aufrufe: 567
  • split3.jpg
    split3.jpg
    74,3 KB · Aufrufe: 551
  • split5.jpg
    split5.jpg
    76,8 KB · Aufrufe: 538
I brine chicken for about a day and I still get cripsy skin.
I think it´s the temp.
I would raise indrect temperature to the limit of the cooker.....at least 190-200

Zurück
Oben Unten