• Du musst dich registrieren, bevor du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf Jetzt registrieren!, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Registrierte User surfen werbefrei, können Suchen durchführen und sehen die volle Darstellung des Forums mit vielen anderen Unterforen!!!

Venison skewers with Blueberry sauce

Nerevar

Putenfleischesser
Two weeks ago I bought some pieces of Venison in a supermarket, they were frozen, so I decided to cook them today. First of all I marinated them in a mix of olive oil, apple winegar and lemon juice for 24 hours, then I prepared my skewers and the blueberry sauce, a sweet sauce that I found on the web at this address.

I also found the way to rub Venison: 5 juniper berries and 4 cloves instead of peppercorns, all added with 1 tablespoon of thyme leaves and 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. With this mix I covered 1 and 1/2 skewer, the others were covered with melted butter and my rub or magic dust rub.
This was my first time with Venison, so I wanted to try Bambi in different ways.
At the same time I prepared the Blueberry sauce with some raspberry inside, just for some color more.

SAM_1291.JPG
SAM_1290.JPG

So I prepared my Q1400 for direct grilling with some Whiskey wood chips on the grate. When the grate were hot and the chips started smoking I put all the skewers directly on the grill and close the lid.
I flipped then every 2-3 minutes untill they reached 55°C in the heart.

SAM_1292.JPG

Well, they were ready and we ate them very fast.
In my opinion, the rub of the original recipe was the best for Venison. It was very very tasty, it married the strong flavour of venison perfectly and was also perfect with the sweet blueberry sauce.
Magic dust was good, a little bit spicy and aromatic, but not like the first one.
My rub was good, but those pieces of meat were the only with the smoking flavour: maybe because butter catches the smoking flavour more than oil and my rub is not so strong to cover it...

Well, everything was good. And with that sudtirol red strong wine for game meat I'm a little bit drunk, so guys we are waiting you on saturday for THE MATCH.

(Italia - Germania, off course. This is THE MATCH. Good luck!)

120px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png

SAM_1293.JPG

Anhänge

• SAM_1290.JPG
    SAM_1290.JPG
    401,1 KB · Aufrufe: 422
  • SAM_1291.JPG
    SAM_1291.JPG
    471,8 KB · Aufrufe: 425
  • SAM_1292.JPG
    SAM_1292.JPG
    439,1 KB · Aufrufe: 407
  • SAM_1293.JPG
    SAM_1293.JPG
    500,5 KB · Aufrufe: 400
Looks great :thumb2: and a fantastic story :thumb1:
And your choice of red wine is perfect.:prost:

It Looks very delicious! :thumb2:

Very good :respekt:
It seems grilling and cooking is really located in the gradle of Italiens!

It is a pity that our soccer teams came together in such an early stage and with such a close result. That was worthy a final.

Close result ? Which match have you seen. The referee was totaly blind. I am sad, that there is no institution which reviews those wrong referee decisions (for example the yellow card for Hummels ...)

End of Match After 18 eleven meter shootings - hmmm - I really don't know what you would call a close match
Anyway

Zurück
Oben Unten